When you have Driscoll’s Berry Organic Strawberries and meringues, why not whip up a delicious Eton Mess? Despite its not-so-fancy name, this dessert is a perfect summer treat! It’s cool, creamy, and bursting with the sweetness of ripe strawberries, plus it has just the right amount of crunch from store-bought meringues.
To add a special touch, we threw in some fresh basil, giving this quick and easy dessert a delightful herbaceous flavor. And guess what? It’s a no-bake wonder that you can prepare ahead of time!
Next time you’re hosting a summer get-together, make a batch of this Eton Mess, and watch your guests fall in love!
Eton Mess With Strawberries And Basil
- 1 Package 16 ounces Driscoll’s Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar divided
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup basil chiffonade*
- 16 purchased mini meringues crumbled (about 2 cups)
- Toss 1 package of strawberries in a large bowl.
- Mix in ½ cup sugar and the juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- Stir the strawberry mixture to coat the strawberries.
- Let it rest for about 30 minutes or until a syrup forms.
- In a quart-sized mason jar, pour 1 ½ cups heavy cream.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Seal the jar tightly with a lid.
- Shake the jar vigorously for about 2 minutes until the cream thickens and becomes lightly whipped.
- Stir ¼ cup basil into the strawberry mixture.
- Divide the cream mixture among 4 pint-sized glass jars.
- Divide the meringue crumbles among the jars.
- Divide the strawberry mixture among the jars.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.